Case Study – A Leading Transportation Company
The company is one of the fastest-growing cities in today’s world, making the provision of high-quality infrastructure facilities absolutely imperative. With that in mind, as well as the high priority by the government to the provision of an advanced transport network for the people. The company endeavors to improve the public transport facilities & develop roads across the territory to make travel safer & smoother.
With access rights to various applications handled manually, user management was a difficult & time-consuming task at the company. The organization lacked a consistent set of enterprise-wide processes and platforms resulted in revision-safe administration of access rights becoming a challenge in the increasingly regulated banking environment.
A simple request from the business to give a new employee the same access rights as an existing one required the IT team first to determine the existing access rights, then laboriously apply them one by one to the new person. Equally, the difficulty in withdrawing access rights when an employee switched departments or left the company represented a potential security risk. The company wanted to standardize and, where practical, automate the provisioning & de-provisioning of users.
Most importantly, the company wanted to ensure easier and more efficient regulatory compliance. The company must comply with a large number of local and international regulations, including full auditability of access rights to data and systems.
The IDM Solution
- Centralized user management using role-based access control (RBAC) for birthright provisioning. Approval-based access by application & business owners
- Centralized the password policy through Identity Governance
- Fine-grained access control (least privilege principle) using entitlements
- Certification and attestation including automatic remediation
- Implementation of SOD policies
- Single Sign-On (SSO) for all workforce applications
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA) on critical applications
- Isolated internal IAM design from external IAM using different authentication modules & policies. Single Sign-On (SSO) for all internal & customer-facing applications
- National unification integration with internal SSO provider using real identity & attributes (Fingerprints & biometrics) to enable Passwordless Authentication
The company at a glance
Advanced public transport facilities across the territory
IDM Managed Services
- Reduced IT ticket volumes for UAM
- Reduced managed services cost
- No human errors and the highest service quality
- Security Assurance & Compliance
- Seamless audit for access review
- End-to-end user lifecycle management
- Single source of truth for all identities, user authentication & authorization
- Minimal turnaround time for granting access
- Preferred service provider with consistent business renewal year-on-year
- Extremely high CSAT score
- Robust & resilient delivery experience
- Achieved all industry-level security standards & AGF benchmarks